A chill convo with an Elder bout his week.


 Wazzap. Normally on pday I feel super low on time and like I have too much to write and I just speed through it, but today I just feel chill. Kinda don´t know what to write about. So here I am just rambling about nothing. (Yikes, sorry if this email ends up being super long and unorganized, thats not normal of my emails) Just imagine this is like a tired Elder Johnson slouched on the couch rambling about his week as he slowly fades into sleep.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It rained really hard yesterday. It started dumping right as we were getting ready to leave the house. I take that back, it started HAILING right before we left. No idea how that works when its hot outside. But when the hailing stopped we headed into the dumping rain and thunder and walked 2 miles up a dirt path that was now a dirt river. Turns out waterproof shoes don´t really work when you´re standing in water. It kinda reminded me of swimming enough to make me want to yet not really enough like swimming to satisfy my hunger. 
HAHA I´m making this sound so depressing but nah we were smiling the entire time it was really fun to try and hop over the rivers that showed up on the path and walk through windy rainy weather in fancy clothes. It´s cool to think about how the Lord of this storm is the one I´m working for. 
Fast sunday was this past Sunday which I was kinda worried about considering the fact that food is very important to me and with all the walking going on, the guy in my brain in charge of turning the hunger switch on and off got fired so I kinda always want food and will involuntarily laugh in delight at any moment that I think about food. Also the fact that I got sick after last fast sunday, possibly from the not drinking water. But what the HECK man, miracles always happen when we fast. Like last fast Sunday, we had two people come up to us during the day ASKING us for something to read about our church. First time in my mission anybody has ever come up to us to be taught. 
ANYWAYS, this fast Sunday I was determined to do better and not get sick yet also not break my fast and drink water in the middle of it like I had to do last time, and I DID IT! And we fasted for a family who is really awesome and receptive, and one of the sons has been baptised now, we´re just trying to help the rest of the family progress and prepare as well, and the dad has had some issues on committing to a baptismal date. Even though he has been coming to church and he understands the importance of baptism, he hasnt agreed to date, and thats kinda an important goal to set in your conversion, so we were fasting for him and for his family that they could continue progressing so they could all help each other out in their eternal covenants with God. And even though they offered us chilled watermelon in 98 degrees in the middle of the afternoon after hiking up their 20min walk hill, I kept from breaking my fast. And during this lesson with them on fast sunday the Dad finally set his baptismal date!! It was CRAZY! We also prayed for help to finish our goals for the week to reach the requirements for missionaries of excelence, which is 5 new people, 5 lessons with members, 5 investigators assisting church, and 2 baptismal dates, AND WE REACHED IT THAT FAST SUNDAY TOO! Even though we still had to have 3 lessons with members and find 3 new people that day, we MADE IT BRO
So that was an epic testiment that God pays attention to our effort, dilligence and faith. And he´s God man, he can do anything, and he listens to our prayers. THINKABOUTTHAT. The most powerful being in existence and eternity listens to our prayers. You can ask him for help. You just also gotta freakin do your part of also showing that you have faith in him. 
Alrighty I´m outta time. Sorry for the long unorganized email. Just thought I should talk to you guys a bit. 
Invitation: Strengthen your relationship with your heavenly father. Stop what you need to stop. Start what you need to start.
Also if you have any pictures or videos about my life you are welcome to email them so I can remember my life before the mission 
AIGHT ADIOS

Pupusas: 55

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone I Know Is About To Die

Scared of Water

My Journal for the last month. Wedding, baptisms, and Cockroaches