Savage Mango Storm





 HI yep once again I don´t have as much time as i´d like to write to you wonderful people but imma share a few stories as speedy as possible. 


FIRST BAPTISM
KELVIN GOT BAPTISED WHICH WAS REALLY REALLY AWESOME BECAUSE BAPTISM IS REALLY IMPORTANT AND ALSO BECAUSE I GOT TO BE HERE FROM DAY ONE WHEN WE FOUND HIM UNTIL NOW WHEN HE KNOWS ALL THE LESSONS AND WANTS TO MAKE THIS COVENANT WITH GOD AND I GOT TO BAPTISE HIM WHICH WAS REALY REALLY COOL BECAUSE I ALSO GOT TO DO IT IN SPANISH. TURNS OUT GOD SPEAKS ALL THE LANGUAGES BECAUSE HIS POWER WORKS IN SPANISH TOO. THAT WAS DOPE

Savages
We´ve been visiting a guy whos an english teacher here, and he speaks in english with us to practice. Once day we came by his house to use his bathroom real quick, and he let us cuz hes cool like that. And in the end when we were leaving and we were thanking him he was like Of course, no problem. That was very savage of you to ask to use the bathroom¨ Turns out he was trying to say that was very bold of you, but it was funny.

Free Refill
Our first storm came by. It began with a huge gust of wind that ripped the lid of our water tank off. It is now sitting on our roof instead of over the water tank. Hoping we dont have a bird poop in that or like die in it or something cuz we kinda need water. But at least now whenever it rains we get free refills.

Way too many selfies
If you´re wondering why theres way more selfies in my album now its because my comp and I have made a tradition of taking funny pictures every night to show that we´re in our house on time.

Sick
I got sick and some members noticed when we were eating at their house and I didn´t eat all my food like I normally do, so they gave me this drink of sparkling water, lime juice, and salt, and I hate sparkling water but I drank it. And they gave me a priesthood blessing which was super cool cuz it was in spanish but still so awesome and I felt really good to have that from a caring spanish dude. Also they gave me a chocolate banana. probably was the banana that healed me.

Priesthood power
We showed up at a family´s house without an appointment just because we happened to be close by, and turned out their son had gotten super sick that day and wasn´t able to do anything and was in a lot of pain. They asked us to give him a priesthood blessing and we were there at the perfect time to do it. The mom cried as we blessed him. Theres not a way to write how that made me feel. To see a mom cry for her son but also to be there and be able to do something that can help them, because we are worthy to hold God´s priesthood. That made every hard thing that day worth it. Keep doing the things to stay worthy. It´s always worth it. 

Knife
We met a guy who gave us each a free tiny knife. I´m definitely gunna buy a big knife from him later. I have more stories with this amazing dude but I´ll have to write them later cuz I have 4 minutes to send this.

Mango Miracle (yeet it)
We visited a family way out in the jungle and I asked about what they were doing out in the woods before we showed up, so they showed me how they get Mangos. The way they do it is they take a rock or a stick and they yeet it up at this big mango tree and try and hit them so they fall. Except the mangos are smaller than my fist and like 30 feet up so this is kinda difficult. I picked up a stick, chucked it up at the tree, missed, and had to do the walk of shame over to the stick and pick it up again, throw it, miss, and repeat. This happened like 5 or 6 times but my comp was like ¨bro you can´t stop till you hit one¨ Cuz we gotta look cool. But THEN one of the three brothers we were with was like ¨Hey if you hit a mango this time I´ll go to church.¨ Shoot. This guy thinks he´s got a safe bet since I missed like 6 times. Honestly it kinda was a safe bet so I did a little prayer in my heart like ¨Alright Lord you heard him, I know you´re not really supposed to ask for signs but hey HE did it so if you want to, heres your chance¨ Then I chucked the stick and WHAM it hits a mango and down it falls. BROOOOOOOO all his bros are like ayyy now you gotta go to church haha.
And then the younger brother is like alrightalright now theres no way he can do it a second time in a row so this is a REALLY safe bet. So he says if I hit one this time he´ll go to church too! So I look up a sec like hehe alrighty God you heard him. And then I chuck the stick, and WHAM! TWO MANGOS FALL IN ONE THROW! HOW CRAZY IS THAT! That was a really fun experience to see how God sees us in the little things like yeeting mangos at a tree, as long as it has to do with important things like going to church. But also, they ended up not even going. So theres the sad truth of agency, and also turns out God had it right when he gives us testimonies through the Holy Ghost when it bears witness to our hearts, rather than just showing us obvious physical signs all the time.

OUT OF TIME FOR NOW BUT ADIOS

(all photos and videos are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pf1TgJAc3XnuoSQy6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone I Know Is About To Die

Scared of Water

My Journal for the last month. Wedding, baptisms, and Cockroaches